Friday, September 4, 2009

PEACE

PEACE

Many must wonder if I am bitter about the horrible abuse I endure for many years of my young adult life. I am not bitter; I am free of the abuse. Not only physical but the mental and the emotional pain that I suffered by my abuser.

For years I would hear I am sorry! It won’t happen again! If you report this, I will lose my job on the police department!

I sacrificed myself to protect another human being who did not protect me! My sister and I spoke on how difficult it has been to move forward because of the memories of the abuse. I have moved forward. Why am I speaking out and telling my story? There are so many women, children and men who are suffering because of Domestic Violence. I want to let them know, that they are special, wonderful, awesome, dynamic people!!!!

I prayed for years that, my abuser would say “I’m sorry”. I’m sorry for what I did! I’m sorry, for causing you to have eye surgery, “I’m sorry for the pain that I inflicted on you! I’m sorry!

Never heard it and I never will. I no longer wait for I’m sorry. I am at PEACE. My question to my abuser will they ever find PEACE? I pray that, they do because no matter what, in the now or in the later, the memory of the abuse you caused will live with you for always.

I DEDICATE THIS SHORT STORY TO MY FAMILY, MY CHILDREN, AND MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS AND TO ALL VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment